- Ronan Broad and Jesse Beasley have both been awarded 2017 John S Turner Postgraduate Scholarships from the University of Melbourne Botany Foundation. Great work guys!
- Jesse Beasley has won the 2017 RN Robertson Travelling Fellowship from the Australian Society of Plant Scientists. The fellowship will allow Jesse to travel to Cornell University and learn new ways of determining iron bioavailability in food products.
- The Made Possible by Melbourne exhibition is on public display at the Dulux Gallery, Melbourne School of Design, from 4 January to 17 February 2017. Come check out our lab’s Improving Half the World’s Diet as well as the other exhibits!
- The whole lab pitched in to help run The Empty Bowl at University of Melbourne’s 2016 Open Day on August 21, 2016. This interactive exhibit gave away rice pudding to teach people about hidden hunger.
- Marianne Weisser has been awarded best conference poster at the 2016 International Symposium on Iron Nutrition and Interactions in Plants for her poster entitled “Elevated carbon dioxide concentration decreases iron uptake and increases iron remobilisation to leaves in wheat during grain filling”. Congrats Marianne!
Alex Johnson has won the 2016 University of Melbourne Excellence Award for Research Engagement.
- Ronan Broad has won a 2016 Postgraduate Internship Award from the Australian Plant Phenomics Facility to work with Plant Accelerator staff on his project entitled “Phenomic Characterization of Vitamin C Enriched Rice”.
- Ronan Broad is co-recipient of the 2016 Megan Klemm Postgraduate Research Award.
- Ronan Broad has been selected as one of three University of Melbourne students to attend the McDonnell International Scholars Program Symposium on Addressing Global Changes in September 2016.